YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE
You’ve made it. The time has finally come to begin your journey towards the beautiful smile you deserve and a lifetime of confidence.
You will find your full set of aligners in this box.
Read through this StarGuide to begin your seamless journey to a StarSmile.
LET’S GET STARTED
We know how excited you must be to reach the goal of your StarSmile.
Make sure to take a few minutes to read through this StarGuide before putting your first aligners in. We want to equip you with all the information you need to get the most out of your StarSmiles experience.
Your StarKit includes all the components necessary to equip you with a StarSmile.
Invisible Star Aligners.
This will allow you to store your aligners in a safe, dry place and make it easy for you to transport your aligners in a pocket or purse. This is where you should keep your aligners when you are eating or drinking anything aside from water.
Place this tool between your top and bottom teeth to snap your StarAligners into place.
Place this in your mouth before taking photographs of yourdeveloping smile for StarSmiles in the case of a check-in.
PUTTING IN YOUR STARALIGNERS
How are you feeling?
Your aligner should feel relatively snug. But remember, the first aligner of each month is the softest one, so subsequent aligners this month may feel a little bit tighter. This will facilitate your smooth transition to a StarSmile and minimize any pain or discomfort. As your teeth move into their ideal positions, the aligners will feel more comfortable.
Are you worried that your StarAligners don’t fit?
Use your StarAligner Remover to remove your aligner. Use the hook to pull the aligners down or up depending on when you remove the top and bottom aligners. Avoid pulling forward as this could damage your aligners.
Why am I feeling pain?
What should I do if my dentist tells me I need some dental work done?
During the course of your treatment, StarSmiles strongly advises against any dental work. Dental procedures can alter the shape of your teeth, causing the aligners not to fit.
Please inform us if you have any required or elective dental procedures coming up. If you participate in an elective dental procedure, your StarSmiles Guarantee may be void.
What do I do if I think my aligners aren’t fitting properly?
Can I skip over Aligner sets?
- Keep your aligners within reasonably temperature spaces. Avoid sources
- If your current aligners are not in your mouth, they should be in your case at all times.
- Make sure no children or pets come into contact with your aligners.
- Brush your teeth after every meal
- Wash your aligners with lukewarm water and a gentle soap if available before placing them in your mouth
- Make sure to maintain regular dental hygiene including brushing and flossing twice every day and maintaining your normal check ups with the dentist and regular dental cleanings
- Do not throw away any of your aligners. Keep them in the corresponding locations they belong in after you are done using them.
- If you aren’t sure if you can do something with them, reach out to our support team online, and we’ll answer all your questions.
- You should not chew gum or smoke while using your aligners. This could damage your aligners.
- You should not wear your aligners while eating or drinking anything other than water. If you are planning to drink hot water or any hot substances, please remove your aligners.
- You should not clean your aligners with anything other than a gentle soap and lukewarm water. Other oral hygiene products such as toothpaste and mouthwash may damage your aligners.
- You should not use any object other than your fingers or your aligner removal tool to remove your aligners. This could put you and your aligners at risk.
- You should not use any additional objects to store your aligners while you are using them other than your aligner case. You may end up accidentally throwing your aligners in the trash or washing machine, for instance.
A STARSMILE FOR LIFE
While it may seem like a long time away now, before you know it you will be enjoying a new confident StarSmile.
Once you are in the final stages of your treatment, you should order your StarRetainers and continue to wear your invisible aligners until the retainers arrive at your doorstep. Your StarRetainers allow you to maintain your StarSmile Guarantee. They’re discreet and comfortable, and only require you to wear them when you go to sleep.
For more information on how to maintain your StarSmile Guarantee, visit starsmiles.co.uk. If all guidelines are followed and for any reason, you are still unhappy with the final product of your smile, you may be eligible for compensation or further sets of aligners. We want you to have a smile on your face at the end of your treatment, and will do everything in our power to make sure you do.